Saturday 22 August 2009

The new translations for the new Missal

http://www.usccb.org/romanmissal/examples.shtml and http://www.usccb.org/romanmissal/faqs.shtml

For example:

PRESENT TEXT NEW TEXT
Greeting Priest: The Lord be with you.
People: And also with you.
Priest: The Lord be with you.
People: And with your spirit.
Penitential Act,
Form A
(Confiteor)
I confess to almighty God,
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned
through my own fault,

in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;

and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord, our God.

I confess to almighty God
and to you, my brothers and sisters,
that I have greatly sinned
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done
and in what I have failed to do,
through my fault, through my fault,
through my most grievous fault;
therefore
I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.

No comments: